Thursday, March 20, 2008

How Many????


For those of you who remember all of our weight troubles with Noah. Here is "Failure to Thrive" part two. At her 1 year check up she only weighed 16 lbs 6 oz, so she isn't on the growth chart. She didn't gain any weight between her 9 month and year check up. Which surprised me. I don't know if you can tell from this picture of not, but this girl loves to eat. She can't shovel it into her mouth fast enough. She's like a human food vacuum, I think she is worried about not getting enough, so she packs her checks and doesn't bother swollowing. Or she's trying to become a champion at playing the "Chubby Bunny" game. In this picture it is Apple Jacks - a total of 12. Other cases have included goldfish crackers - I stopped counting at 17. How about cheez-it crackers? At least 10 before she spit them all over Dan's suit during church. Plus, one ritz cracker isn't enough, she needs at least one for each hand, plus one in her mouth. She will eat a container of yogurt, or a package of oatmeal and then cry when it's all gone. I'll feed her breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and then she'll want to eat what I'm having. I've never seen a little thing eat so much. Or get so excited about food. And believe me she is not quiet about it. There are even very few things she refuses to eat. The funny thing is she 's only got four teeth to chew it with. Needless to say, I'm beginning to think doctor's don't know what they are talking about and worry too much about weight. To me she is a perfectly, healthy, almost 14 month old little girl. They should be glad she is underweight and not overweight. I've been power packing or calorie packing all of her food and I have even stopped nursing her, per doctor's instruction, in hopes that when we take her in next month she will have put on a few pounds, so we are spared all the testing and monthly weight checks. It gets soo expensive, even with insurance the copays add up quickly.

1 comment:

R Clan said...

Just come bring her back home to Authie Ruthy and she'll feed her lots of brownies. She needs to pack on the pounds so she can take Noah down. =)