Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Santa's Necklace and other funnies










I couldn't resist posting these cute pics from Christmas Past. As you can see, Noah didn't enjoy his first visit with Santa. (December 2006, 17 months old)
------------------------------------------------------------
Noah's bedtime story the other night was: "The Night Before Christmas". It went something like this:

D - "'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house. Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse; The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there;"

N - Necklace? What necklace?

D - Not necklace, St. Nicholas -- another name for Santa Claus

N - Oh; But where's his necklace?.

D - (later in the story) "Down the chimney St. Nicholas came with a bound. He was dressed all in fur, from his head to his foot, And his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot;"

N - I still don't see his necklace; is it under his beard? Yes, it's hiding under his beard.

D - there isn't a necklace, that's his name St. Nicholas. Just like your cousin Nicholas.

There was no convincing Noah. He insists that Santa has a necklace somewhere. So if any one knows where it is, please tell him.
------------------------------------------------------------
Noah:

after pooping on the potty....

Look a mommy poop, a daddy poop, a Noah poop, and a Zoe poop.

Yes, our child was naming his poop.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Noah:
Mommy you're short.....yes I think you're short....yes Mom you're really short....Yep you are.

I was hoping he wouldn't notice for another two or three years.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Noah:

Dear Heavenly Father.....Thank you for old McDonalds...Please let us go there....
-------------------------------------------------------------
Noah:

I don't want to go to Mickey Mouse's house, we already went there....I want to go to Ego Land! (translation: Lego Land)

Only our kid wouldn't want to go to Disneyland again.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Zoe's response to almost all questions is either: No I Fine! or No I Not! So the following conversation occurs at our house frequently.

M - Zoe do you need your diaper changed?

Z - No I fine.

M - Are you wet?

Z - No I Not! I Fine!

M - Zoe did you poop poop?

Z - No I not! I Fine!

M - But you are stinky.

Z - No I Not, I Fine! Mommy I fine!
--------------------------------------------------------
Zoe:

Jood Job!

translation: Good Job!

used in a sentence: I jood job mommy, I jood job!

Her response when she is doing something I asked her to do, or she wants credit for picking up the toys.
-------------------------------------------------------
Zoe:

I helpa you!

translation: I'm helping you. Or, I want to help you.

3 comments:

Cooper Family said...

The posts that you put of the funny things your kids say remind me of the show , "Kids Say the Darndest Things." Noah would have been hilarious on that show!

Shirley said...

about naming the poop-to Anabelle, everything that is small is described as being either baby or Heidi. And everything big is Mommy or Daddy. So I guess it's inevitable that one day soon she will say what Noah said. So funny!

Candy said...

oh your kids are so funny! really.

Hey, what is your address? Will you email me at candyawilson@hotmail.com and let me know? I wanted to send you guys a christmas card! Thanks!