Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Thueson Family Reunion

The kids and I had the opportunity to attend my family reunion over the 4th of July weekend. It was held at the Emerald Forrest Camp Ground in Trinidad, CA. To give you a better idea of its location think Northern California Coast, close to Arcata and McKinleyville. It was fun filled and exhausting weekend. Every family was in charge of one meal and one activity. It was fun to watch the next generation interact with one another and run around together. I am happy to report no one got lost and there was only one minor injury which I will highlight later. The kids enjoyed running in the meadow (our common meeting area) walking the trails, visiting the beach, roasting marshmallows, watching fireworks, and driving their parents crazy.

My parents were in heaven as they had all 12 (soon to be 13) grand kids in one place for 4 days. I don't think this has happened for at least 2 1/2 years, maybe even 3. However, it was sad that my brother Brandon couldn't be there (he is studying for the bar exam) and Dan couldn't be there (couldn't spare the time off with the baby coming and it being a holiday weekend).

Thank you so much Mom and Dad for making it possible for me and the kids to attend this fun event. I couldn't have done it with out you.

Read on for some of the highlights.

No comments: