Thursday, August 19, 2010

Baby Jack and the Progressive Baby Shower

Time for another baby update. I had another growth scan on August 17th, with one month to go until delivery day. Jack is on track to be of average size which translates into weighing around 7lbs. 4oz. To put it in perspective Noah was 7lbs. 6oz. and Zoe was 7lbs. 1oz. Very good news - my strict diet has, or should I say will pay off. Everything looked great, the Doctor's only comment that his head was measuring a little ahead of schedule, or shall I say big. This wasn't a shock since both Noah and Zoe have heads on the larger side.

We are still scheduled to deliver on September 17th. The kids are both super excited, especially Noah. I sure hope his enthusiasm lasts once Jack actually gets here.

34 weeks 4 days...He already has his sister's pout down....
August 17th also kicked off twice weekly Non Stress Tests (NSTs). On this particular day I had two appointments. The growth scan at the Fetal Imaging Center and my first NST at Doctor DeKay's office. I was going to have a few hours to waste in between appointments, but Dan's coworkers were kind enough to throw me a Baby Shower luncheon. So I had a nice and relaxing afternoon, good company, good food, and fun gifts. Unfortunately, I forgot to take any pictures of the event. I greatly appreciate their thoughtfulness and excitement on our behalf.

1 comment:

Christensen family said...

Oh I can't wait to meet him