Noah started Kindergarten on August 30th and Dan was able to take the day off to be part of the fun. Noah woke up that morning to his own alarm without any hesitation and full of excitement. He took a shower and got himself dressed without any problem an his breakfast of choice was a bagel with cream cheese and ham.
Pictures in front of the house before we headed off to school...

In front of Cottonwood Elementary....

Noah with his best friend Erik. After a lot of prayers they ended up in the same class.

Noah making his teacher sweat it out. They had Kindergarten Camp the Friday before, so he expected her to know his name and wasn't too eager to help her figure it out.


Noah, Eric, Felicity, and Olivia. Four out of five from his primary class that are in morning kindergarten, unfortunately Olivia got put in the other class. It was fun to watch them all experience this milestone together.
.JPG)
Off to the playground. Felicity, Eric, and Noah headed for the slide. Olivia opted for the swings.

While Noah was at school, Daddy, Mommy, and Zoe headed to Walmart to get a few more things marked off the list of needed items before Baby Jack arrives. I think Zoe enjoyed the undivided attention from both of her parents, however I know she really missed her brother.
Here is Noah coming out of the gate after successfully completing his first day of school.

When we asked him what he learned, he simply replied "I don't know." However, during the rest of the day he would randomly tell us bits and pieces of information from his day. He learned the rules, sign language for toilet, and a few songs. He also informed me he now knew his address, something that I have been working on with him for months without success, some how he now knows it. We then went out to lunch as a family to Round Table Pizza. After lunch the girls enjoyed a nap and the boys worked out in the yard.
Zoe insisted on getting her picture taken too. I'm not sure why she picked the fire hydrant.

The following day he informed me he learned to read, and since then he has been to music class, and the library. He gets up happy every morning all on his own and is loving every minute of school, while I miss my relaxing mornings. I can't believe I have a school age child and no, I didn't cry on his first day. He was way too excited and more than ready to go. However, I do miss having him around.
1 comment:
Oh so cute. I didn't know he would tell Mrs Hoover his name I busted up laughing!!! Oh I am so glad Erik and him have become such wonderful friends it truely is a blessing for us.
Post a Comment