We had the opportunity to attend a funeral for this wonderful lady. I only had the experience of meeting her once (last October at her husband's funeral), but I have many found memories of her. She was such an inviting woman and made you feel love and accepted right from the start. She was very kind and patient with my children and Noah still has the little bird she let him take from one of the flower arrangements. I am sad that I didn't get a chance to see her more, but am very glad she didn't have to wait too long to be reunited with her husband. The funeral service was very nice and yet very unique at the same time. I have never been to a funeral that featured Square Dancers or a harmonica player. But they were very fitting - her and Grand Dad Lee were members of the local square dance club for several years and taught many how to dance. There were a lot of nice things said about her - mainly how loving and accepting she was.

Teeter Totter, Bread and Water......Filling time between the Funeral Service and the Family Potluck.


A Walk Down Memory Lane
Dan took the opportunity to take a few pictures of his childhood memories. From a house that will never be the same - as Aunt Teri is in the process of making it her own.
The highchair Dan remembers sitting in....

A rafter full of antlers....
A family business....

The Felix Cat clock....

The giant bear on the wall, as well as the antelope...

The book case full of mementos....
We are Family!
Uncle Kelly
being entertained by, or entertaining the kids - you decide.

Noah and Zoe spent the evening entertaining Uncle Kelly and his wife, as well as Auntie Teri with the repertoire of songs, jokes, and antics. They provided a nice comic relief to a very difficult day.
Auntie Teri and Noah....

Auntie Teri with Noah and a very reluctant Zoe...

Before heading back home we had the opportunity to have breakfast with the family. It was a very nice morning I hated packing the kids in the car and getting on the road. Here are some pictures of Papa Mike with his family. From left to right: Uncle Pat, Grandma Jean, Uncle Bill, Auntie Linda, and Auntie Sandy.

When Sandi thought no one was paying attention.....this could come in handy someday...

Take two -- just as difficult as taking pictures of kids - it was nearly impossible to get everyone to look at the same time.
I wish I would have gotten pictures of Uncle Pat's and Aunt Coleen's house. They were nice enough to let us sleep in their "Private Cabin". It was nice getting to know some of Dan's extended family better. We are hoping to make it to a wedding next September in Alaska!
1 comment:
Note to self: tell my kids I want square dancers and a harmonica player at my funeral!
Post a Comment