Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Family Fun

Our latest family outing was to a new store in Sparks called Scheels. It's a gigantic sporting goods store with several attractions inside. The closest thing I can think to compare it with is Cabela's, but it isn't so specialized towards hunting. It opened this past weekend after being under construction for at least a year. We all had a good time.

Here are some pictures of the big salt water fish tank they have at one of the entrances, there is a big fresh water exhibit at the other entrance. While we were there we had the opportunity to see them feed the fish as well as clean the tank. It was full of eels, Nemos (clown fish), and Dory. I think Zoe could of stood there all day, Dan likes to joke that she's going to be a Marine Biologist. Here is a plane they have hanging from the ceiling in their big front window that can be seen from the freeway..... Noah trying out a raft......There is also a mountain full of native animals......
See Coyotes do exists...(proof for all of our non-believer friends).....
They have a full size Ferris Wheel inside. After some tears and jumping through a few hoops and finally convincing the worker to measure Noah (you have to be at least 36 inches tall to ride) - he was able to take a ride on it with his Dad. I would have liked to have heard their conversation as it sure looked like they had fun. Zoe and I had fun taking pictures.
Other attractions not pictured: a shooting range, a bow range, golfing simulator, hockey simulator, baseball range, hunting simulator, Nascar simulator, a climbing wall, a play structure in the kids store, and a restaurant (they make delicious fudge there). I'm sure I've managed to leave a few things out. But it was several hours of entertainment for only a few bucks (Ferris wheel and fudge).

No comments: